Ambient Weather has been offering gateway appliances that send a multitude of wireless weather sensed data to networks like WeatherBug.com and WeatherUnderground.com since 2007. The WeatherBridge is the latest gateway appliance offered by Ambient Weather.
Internet Protocol or IP Network Weather Stations update weather servers real-time, providing up to the second data without the use of a PC. There are no networking fees. Perfect for low consumption requirements, remote monitoring applications, or weather station owners that do not want to leave their PC on 24/7. WiFi allows you the freedom to move your display console anywhere in your home or office while still reporting to the internet.
Simply plug the WeatherBridge data logger into your weather station console or data logger, and connect to your router via Ethernet cable or WiFi. Within minutes, you'll see your weather data live on the Internet.
Compatible Weather Stations:
Connect to Wunderground.com:
- Ambient Weather WS-1080, WS-1090, WS-2080, and WS-2090 (requires optional #F5U407 2.0 USB Hub)
- Accu-Rite 0125, 0135, and 01525 (requires optional #F5U407 2.0 USB Hub)
- Accu-Rite Internet-Bridge
- Davis Instruments VantagePro, VantagePro2 and VantageVue, requires:
- 6510USB (PC) WeatherLink Data Logger + #F5U407 2.0 USB Hub, or:
- 6520 (Mac) WeatherLink Data Logger + #F5U407 2.0 USB Hub, or:
- 6510SER (PC Serial) WeatherLink Data Logger + USB converter, or:
- 6555 (IP) WeatherLink Data Logger
- Fine Offset WH-1080, WH-2080, WH-3080 (requires optional #F5U407 2.0 USB Hub)
- Honeywell / Meade TE923, TE827, TE821, DV928, Hideki, Mebus, IROX (requires optional #F5U407 2.0 USB Hub)
- Oregon Scientific WMR-88, WMR-100, WMR-200, WMRS-200 (requires optional #F5U407 2.0 USB Hub)
- Peet Bros: Ultimeter 100/800/2000/2100/II (requires optional #U209-000-R USB to Serial Adapter)
- Rainwise MKIII Series (requires serial data logger from Rainwise and USB to serial converter)
The WeatherBridge converts your weather station into an internet ready device and streams weather data real time (approximately 3 second updates) to the WeatherUnderground.com
Website, the best website for collecting and storing real-time personal weather station data.
Add a Weather Webcam:
is an indoor/outdoor all weather camera that integrates directly to the WeatherUnderground.com
webcam hosting services using Ambient Weather's WeatherBridge
universal Weather Server.
Connect to WeatherBug Backyard:
Send real time data to WeatherBug.com
Website. WeatherBug Backyard Tracking Stations empower weather enthusiasts to get their name on the map and have their tracking stations' data seen by millions of users via the WeatherBug application.
Connect to Citizens Weather Observation Program:
is a public-private partnership with three main goals: 1) to collect weather data contributed by citizens; 2) to make these data available for weather services and homeland security; and 3) to provide feedback to the data contributors so that they have the tools to check and improve their data quality. In fact, the web address, wxqa.com, stands for weather quality assurance.
Connect to PWSWeather:
Send real-time data to PWSWeather
Website. PWSWeather is a partnership between WeatherForYou.com and HAMweather.
Connect to Twitter:
Send your weather station data to Twitter up to once per minute and show your social media side with real time Tweets.
Supports individual MySQL Database for advanced analysis.
Send EMail Summaries:
Send customized email summaries through your authenticated email server, based on a user defined interval.
Send EMail and Twitter Alerts:
Send customized email and twitter alerts when specified user defined sensor conditions are met.
Write HTTP commands to your sever:
Send customized http data strings to your server for advanced website integration.
The WeatherBridge is an entire Linux computer built into a compact 3.5 x 2.5 x 1.0" package. Avoid the high operating costs and low reliability of connecting to a PC.
The WeatherBridge is WIFI enabled, allowing you to free up your console to place anywhere in your home or business where WIFI is available.
A web interface provides password protection, programming, networking, and real-time data.
The low power module provides up to the second data analysis using Weather Underground's Rapid Fire Technology. Data is archived on Weather Underground and can be imported into excel or database applications. Live XML weather feeds provide easy television, radio and web integration.
Reports outdoor temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, barometric pressure, rainfall and UV, and calculated parameters, such as dew point, heat index, wind chill and rain rate.Accessories
Notes and Caveats:
- USB 2.0 Hub: Most weather station consoles support USB 1.2. Add the USB-Hub (#F5U407) to convert to USB 2.0.
- USB to Serial Converter: If your weather station console is serial, add the Serial to USB adaptor(#U209-000-R) to convert to USB 2.0.
- Davis Instruments WeatherLink: The Davis Instruments weather stations require an external data logger. Order the #6510USB for PC, #6520 for Mac. *Note: WeatherBridge does not communicate diretly to the WeatherLink software but requires the WeatherLink hardware.
- USB Stick: The USB stick is optional but is an easy tool for determining the IP and MAC address of your device.
Attention Virtual Weather Station and WeatherLink software users: Please note that the WeatherBridge does not communicate directly to WeatherLink or Virtual Weather Station software, and is designed as a standalone, internet appliance only.
- Weather station pictured not included.